Translate

1/24/13

THE BEST Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe Ever for Pennies

The dry mix is just short of making a quart and would also store well in a large zip lock bag.
Ranch Dressing is a big item around here.  Seems like I make a double batch every week or so.   Sometime back I posted a recipe that I liked made in the summer with fresh herbs.  That doesn't work  in the dead of winter!  I feel like I just get "nickeled and dimed" to death when I go to the store and this recipe posted by thecraftyblogstalker.com peeked my interest because I had everything it called for,  it makes a BIG batch of mix, and the made up batch called for the addition of a bit of fresh lemon juice.  That peeked my interest as I hold the ranch dressing made by "Hot Box" Pizza as the gold standard and it has an extra sour bite to it I have not yet matched.  I can add a bit more lemon juice until I get this just right!

I adapted it a bit and made it up.  After licking my spoon for a taste and stowing it away in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours as directed I have concluded this is my new GO TO for ranch dressing.  Delicious and just pennies by comparison.  Plus not even packaging to throw away!

Ingredients for Ranch Dressing Mix:

1/4 C. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 C. parsley flakes
1/2 C. granulated garlic
3/4 C. granulated onion
1/4 C. garlic powder
2 T. kosher salt
2 T. dried dill weed

Combine all of these ingredients and blend well.   Store in an airtight container.  Yield about 3 1/4 cups of dry mix.

To Make Creamy Ranch Dressing Whisk Together:

1 C. Hellman's Mayonnaise
1 C. buttermilk
3/4 C. sour cream
1 slightly rounded T. dry mix
1 scant  teaspoon of fresh lemon juice


Refrigerate in a sealed container for 2 hours to let the flavors develop before serving.   Yield 1 1/2 pints of ready to serve dressing.  Keep refrigerated until serving time.

 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

i cannot wait to try this because I too think Hot Box has the BEST ranch dressing. If they sold that in vats i would buy it on the regular!!!!

jankjunction said...

This is going to save me the $208 I would spend on hotbox ranch every year.